10 Commandments of Sleep Hygiene
10 Commandments of Sleep Hygiene for Adults created by the World Sleep Society to help improve overall sleep and wellness:
1) Establish a regular bedtime and waking time.
2) Use comfortable, inviting bedding.
3) Avoid excessive alcohol ingestion 4 hours before bedtime, and do not smoke.
4) Avoid caffeine 6 hours before bedtime. This includes coffee, tea and many sodas, as well as chocolate.
5) Avoid heavy, spicy, or sugary foods 4 hours before bedtime. A light snack before bed is acceptable.
6) Exercise regularly, but not right before bed.
7) If you’re in the habit of taking naps, do not exceed 45 minutes of daytime sleep.
8) Find a comfortable sleep temperature setting and keep the room well ventilated.
9) Block out all distracting noise and eliminate as much light as possible.
10) Reserve your bed for sleep and sex, avoiding its use for work or general recreation.
10 Commandments of Sleep Hygiene for Adults created by the World Sleep Society to help improve overall sleep and wellness: 1) Establish a regular bedtime and waking time.2) Use comfortable, invitin...
Today we have an interesting question that came up this week that we felt was worthy of us coming together and sharing this expert knowledge. And that was, "Hey, I got my pillow and I don't have an...
What if this pillow isn't right for me? How does Down & Feather continue to support customers long after the order is "complete"? Discover our 30-night guarantee, perfect pillow policy, and ref...