10 Commandments of Sleep Hygiene
10 Commandments of Sleep Hygiene for Adults created by the World Sleep Society to help improve overall sleep and wellness:
1) Establish a regular bedtime and waking time.
2) Use comfortable, inviting bedding.
3) Avoid excessive alcohol ingestion 4 hours before bedtime, and do not smoke.
4) Avoid caffeine 6 hours before bedtime. This includes coffee, tea and many sodas, as well as chocolate.
5) Avoid heavy, spicy, or sugary foods 4 hours before bedtime. A light snack before bed is acceptable.
6) Exercise regularly, but not right before bed.
7) If you’re in the habit of taking naps, do not exceed 45 minutes of daytime sleep.
8) Find a comfortable sleep temperature setting and keep the room well ventilated.
9) Block out all distracting noise and eliminate as much light as possible.
10) Reserve your bed for sleep and sex, avoiding its use for work or general recreation.
What if this pillow isn't right for me? by David Smith How does Down & Feather continue to support customers long after the order is "complete"? Discover our 30-night guarantee, perfect pillow ...
It's time to for planning holiday shopping. We hate to be "that" store putting up the Christmas stuff before Halloween, but this year, it must be done. We have both an election and a pandemic to wo...
The key step in enhancing your well-being is sleep. If you take the time to track your body metrics during your healthy times, you'll see when your body is out of sorts even before you feel it. As...